Aibel is a leading service company within the oil, gas and offshore wind industries. The company provides its customers with optimal and innovative solutions within engineering, construction, modifications and maintenance throughout a project’s entire life cycle. Aibel’s 4200 skilled employees are located close to our customers at the end company’s offices in Norway and South-East Asia. In addition, we operate two modern yards in Haugesund and in Thailand, with complete fabrication and construction capabilities.
In order to provide the best possible service, Aibel has set up offices close to their customers all along the Norwegian coast. Projects are often carried out in close cooperation between the staff of several offices, which requires a high standard of communication tools and a unified execution model. The company has therefore made significant investments in modern technology to create effective arenas of collaboration.
Aibel has in recent years established strong references in the European offshore wind market, having delivered the DolWin Beta platform, one of the largest wind power converter stations offshore Germany, converting more than 900MW of green electricity. We also supported Equinor in its Hywind Scotland floating wind power project, from design of the floating wind turbine substructures through to installation and commissioning support.
In 2019, Aibel was awarded two new major offshore wind contracts for the DolWin 5 project and the world's largest offshore wind farm at Dogger Bank, respectively. The project awards clearly demonstrate Aibel’s position as a preferred supplier in the market for transmission projects in the offshore wind industry.
The growing offshore wind market may provide Aibel and our partners many opportunities in months, years and decades to come, and Aibel will continue to develop attractive solutions to the renewable energy segment in parallel with the oil and gas business.
With Aibel’s strategic focus on renewables,the company would like to develop inhouse competence on the design and development process of seabed installations. Hence, Aibel needs to develop inhouse competence on building jackets and set up a team that can participate in all phases of the project.
The Marine Operations Manager will be working on ongoing and potential new projects within the offshore wind segment.
· Overall responsibility for the executing marine operations
· Close relations with marine operators and marine subcontractors
· Close interaction with marine engineering
· Plan and document marine operations including marine engineering
· Be responsible for interface towards marine subcontractors and customer including Marine Warranty
· Carry-out discipline check of method selection, procedures, manuals,etc.
· Give input to plan
· Give input to cost
· Establish concepts for marine operations
· Carry-out procedure HAZOP for marine operations
· Ensure Aibel is prepared for future growth in offshore wind developments
· MSc in Marine Engineering/Operations (naval architect) or equivalent
· 10 years’ experience from NCS offshore projects
· Engineering experience
· Extensive operational Marine Experience
· Practical experience from execution of marine operations
· Experience with budgets related to marineoperations
· Good understanding for plan related to marine operations
· Commercial, client exposure and contractual experience
· Experience with working with sub-contractors
· Experience from large new build topside and substructure projects within NCS (DNV/EUROCODE) for both fixed and floating structures.
· Specialist within marine engineering and operations related to topside and substructure new build NCS projects.
· Experience with offshore wind will be appreciated
· Good leadership skills
· Team player
· Multidiscipline understanding
· High level of personal efficiency, ability to sort the work situation and produce deliverables in the form of decisions, recommendations and necessary documentation to close tasks
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
· High loyalty to deadlines and quality requirements
· Systematic, structured, accurate and independent
· Proactive, seeking advice and share own experiences with others
· Solid verbal and written skills in English
· Identify with Aibel's company values; open, flexible, responsible andvisionary